Avenue 4 is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of a Intermediate Software Engineer to work with their Creative Technology team here in Winnipeg!
Avenue 4 is a group of companies with offices in Winnipeg and Montréal. Our services include web development, custom software solutions, database management, variable data communication, marketing materials, print production, and much more.
Avenue 4 believes that the best solutions come from a thoughtful, creative approach, and encourage problem solving and innovation over simply grinding out code.
As part of the Avenue 4 team, you will be working on a broad variety of tasks – from complex web systems to Android apps, from database management to business process automation solutions.
- Work with the development team to build technology solutions for clients and internal products.
- Develop, optimize and maintain custom web applications of different sizes and scalability.
- Experience with LAMP stack
- Strong knowledge of PHP, SQL, and Linux shell.
- Solid Object Oriented Programming skills, experience with OOP design patterns
- Knowledge of MySQL
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Solid intuition of the fundamentals of UI and UX design for web and mobile apps
- Excellent understanding of semantic web development practices
- Non-trivial approach to technical challenges
- Ability to quickly shift between projects
- Good communication skills and a friendly attitude
- Collaborative mindset
Important note: Your skillset might not match the list above exactly. A drive to learn and build on a strong base of skills while helping to push our company forward on new technology is very desirable.