Full Time Employment Opportunity
Reporting to the Supervisor, Application Services, the Developer 3 is responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of software programs, applications and systems. The incumbent possesses advanced working knowledge of a variety of application software, and development/test tools/technologies and methodologies. Independently and/or under the guidance of the Lead Developer or the Systems Analyst, the incumbent can perform complex and large development assignments. The incumbent provides support to end-users by providing application expertise, training, and development. The incumbent also provides direction and support to the Developer 1 and 2. Incumbents may be primarily involved in project-based delivery or in application support.
- Apply the systems development methodology and standards to ensure effective solution design, development, testing, and implementation are completed in partnership with the business and ITS.
- Propose and assess solutions, determine which solution best fits the business need, identify gaps and shortcomings, and determine necessary workarounds or changes to the solution.
- Exhibit and establish a culture of quality solution design and development.
- Explain assumptions and methodologies, and simplify complex concepts for non-technical users.
- Articulate pros and cons of an action in a clear manner.
- Analyze program failures, resolution, and recovery.
- Document investigation results including causes of errors, and solutions provided.
- Participate in defining and documenting business requirements, objectives, and deliverables in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders.
- Provide recommendations and solutions based on application capabilities and business needs.
- Participate in translating conceptual designs to the physical components.
- Apply Enterprise Architecture principles, standards, and methodology to ensure effective solution design.
- Prepare solution design documents and vet design documents prepared by other Developers and Systems Analysts.
- Translate business requirements and conceptual designs into well-designed and documented software component specifications.
- Develop software according to specifications and to meet business needs.
- Test development and document results.
- Administer critical analyses of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Encourage a climate that supports diversity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a recognized degree or diploma in an IT related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
- A minimum of six (6) years of software development and implementation experience.
- Previous training in a variety of programming languages, analysis and design techniques, development methods and practices, and relational databases and operating systems.
- Proven track record of advanced working knowledge in a variety of development tools, and technologies.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Continuous upgrading & learning is required to remain current in information technology.
- The core competencies for this position include achieving quality results, adaptability/managing change, communication, customer service, decision making and problem solving, integrity and building trust, teamwork and cooperation and valuing diversity. These competencies are deemed important for the success of the position and organization.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Knowledge of ITIL process and/or SOA principles.
- Previous experience in the gaming, retail and/or distribution industries, ERP systems, Business Analytics, financial or human resources functions.
- Previous experience in web content management systems, web site/application development, web service development, enterprise service bus, ETL development, Cognos BI tools, JD Edwards, Lawson, HPSM and Teradata development.
- Bilingual (French/English) language skills.
Bargaining Unit: CUPE
Location: Milt Stegall Drive
Individuals should apply by completing our online application form at www.mbll.ca/jobs or by submitting a resume and application to:
Mail: Human Resources
1555 Buffalo Place
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2X1
All applications are due by: November 6, 2018.