Pollard Banknote is a leading lottery partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, providing high quality instant ticket products, licensed games, and a full suite of digital offerings ranging from game apps to comprehensive player engagement and iLottery solutions, including strategic marketing and management services. The company is a proven innovator and has decades of experience helping lotteries to maximize player engagement, sales, and proceeds for good causes. Pollard Banknote also plays a major role in providing pull-tab tickets, bingo paper and its Diamond Game and Oasis-branded electronic ticket machines to charitable and other gaming markets in North America. Established in 1907, Pollard Banknote is owned approximately 67.6% by the Pollard family and 32.4% by public shareholders, and is publicly traded on the TSX (PBL). For more information, please visit our website at www.pollardbanknote.com.
DIRECTOR, TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Reporting to the Executive Vice-President, Information Technology ,the Director, Technology Services is responsible for setting the company’s overall technology standards and practices, overseeing all IT infrastructure services across all Pollard sites, including end user services, network, telephony, server and storage, and overseeing the management of Pollard’s enterprise systems such as Office 365, AWS, Azure, Internet Services, E-Mail, Backup and Recovery, Security Systems, Active Directory, and VMware.
In addition, this position provides leadership and management to professional staff in the functional areas of IT Infrastructure and Architecture, and IT Services.
• Provide leadership in the management of Pollard’s enterprise systems: AWS, Azure, Internet Services, E-Mail, Backup and Recovery, Security Systems, Active Directory, VMware, Etc.
• Oversee all IT infrastructure services across all Pollard sites, including end user services, network, telephony, server, storage, etc.
• Perform IT assessments as part of company acquisitions and develop the long-range direction of the organization’s technology function and processes
• Oversees operational support activities and manage the Data Centre hosting services
• Work with the business leaders to determine infrastructure needs for projects and manage multiple enterprise-wide technology projects
• Establish technology and best practices for technology services teams, and oversee the adoption of IT Service Management processes
• Build and maintain relationships with IT vendors and service providers
• Perform project management duties as it relates to internal departmental projects and other business departments
• Lead end user computing services, including Service Desk and Deskside, and Manufacturing support group
• Coach, lead and manages staff, provide positive and effective leadership, ensuring development and training to maintain departmental skills and capabilities
• Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent education
• Project management certification (e.g. PMP designation) or/and ITIL certification, will be considered assets
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a supervisory or management capacity within the technology space
• Proven project management experience and proficiency in Network/Systems administration and architecture, AWS/Azure administration and architecture, change control tools and troubleshooting tools
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively coach, mentor and motivate team members to meet high performance standards
• Ability to apply professional negotiation techniques with internal and external customers to determine best fit solutions
• Demonstrated ability to gather project requirements from a diverse set of departments to develop programs that meet the needs of the business
• Well-developed interpersonal skills with proven ability to build effective relationships, and work cooperatively with all levels of the business
• High level problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze and propose effective solutions that demonstrate sound judgment
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively influence the business
• Strong organizational skills, with an ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Availability to provide support for staff outside of regular work hours
• Availability for travel to other Pollard locations
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited
140 Otter Street Winnipeg, MB R3T 0M8
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.