Pollard Banknote is a leading lottery partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, providing high quality instant ticket products, licensed games, and a full suite of digital offerings ranging from game apps to comprehensive player engagement and iLottery solutions, including strategic marketing and management services. The company is a proven innovator and has decades of experience helping lotteries to maximize player engagement, sales, and proceeds for good causes. Pollard Banknote also plays a major role in providing pull-tab tickets, bingo paper and its Diamond Game and Oasis-branded electronic ticket machines to charitable and other gaming markets in North America. Established in 1907, Pollard Banknote is owned approximately 67.6% by the Pollard family and 32.4% by public shareholders, and is publicly traded on the TSX (PBL). For more information, please visit our website at www.pollardbanknote.com.
Pollard Banknote’s IT Development team is looking for a Web Developer. As more consumers are migrating to the digital age, so are we. Part of our business is focused on developing digital solutions that help support the growing lottery industry and the continued push to compete within a digital world. We are seeking innovative individuals who are looking to contribute their skills and have an impact on a growing industry.
This full time permanent position offers a skilled professional the opportunity to play a key role in the design, development, testing, and support of various applications within our Information Technology Development group. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop new web applications, analyze current software solutions and make recommendations for creative solutions.
• To deliver fully functional software solutions that meet all business requirements
• Analyze client requests and recommend solutions and strategies to meet requirements, ensuring deadlines are met
• Create new innovative solutions to challenging problems that facilitate the improvement of the production of lottery products
• Develop and support applications used by many internal and external clients
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related degree. Will consider candidates with a combination of experience and education that meet other requirements
• 3 to 5 years of experience in Java / Spring development required
• 3 to 5 years of experience in database design and development with MySQL required
• Proficient with Linux server administration, with experience using application containers such as Apache Tomcat considered an asset
• Knowledge of software development life cycles and project management principles
• Experience with continuous integration and automation technologies such as Jenkins considered an asset
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, working with projects from conception to implementation with minimal supervision
• A strong desire to learn new technologies to grow as a developer and help teach fellow colleagues
• Experience in supporting end users considered an asset
• Ability to apply strong analytical skills when gathering information and determining requirements
• Innovative problem-solver with ability to generate workable solutions
• Exemplary planning, prioritizing and organizational skills to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited
140 Otter Street Winnipeg, MB R3T 0M8
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.