Pollard Banknote is a leading lottery partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, providing high quality instant ticket products, licensed games, and a full suite of digital offerings ranging from game apps to comprehensive player engagement and iLottery solutions, including strategic marketing and management services. The company is a proven innovator and has decades of experience helping lotteries to maximize player engagement, sales, and proceeds for good causes. Pollard Banknote also plays a major role in providing pull-tab tickets, bingo paper and its Diamond Game and Oasis-branded electronic ticket machines to charitable and other gaming markets in North America. Established in 1907, Pollard Banknote is owned approximately 67.6% by the Pollard family and 32.4% by public shareholders, and is publicly traded on the TSX (PBL). For more information, please visit our website at www.pollardbanknote.com.
SENIOR APPLICATION DEVELOPER
Our Digital Solutions team is looking for a passionate individual to join their dynamic, fast-paced environment as a Senior Application Developer. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, configuring, and testing software solutions for our customers and internal stakeholders. This includes the development, management, and support of websites, mobile applications, interactive games, cloud infrastructure, chat bots, augmented reality, and new innovative product development.
If you’re looking to join a growing company that allows you to think outside the box and be a part of a team that develops new and innovative products for our customers’, then this is the right opportunity for you!
• Deliver fully functional and tested software solutions that meet all business and customer requirements
• Meet development targets ensuring project deadlines are met
• Work in a Lean environment or Agile fashion using Kanban and Scrum to deliver projects
• Develop and support existing/new innovations in accordance to established practices and policies
• Support continuous improvement, and standardization initiatives
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve application incidents
• Mentor Application Developers
• Post- secondary education in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
• At least 5 years of experience in:
o front-end application development using standard web technologies
o back-end development using Java and/or PHP.
o Relational databases such as MySQL
• Experience with or knowledge of following is considered an asset
o Cloud technologies, like Amazon Web Services
o Software development tools like JRIA, and Bitbucket
o Native or cross-platform mobile app (iOS or Android) development
o Designing and consuming RESTful API’s and 3rd party integrations
o Understanding of modular development using microservices
• Demonstrated ability to work both with a project team, clients, vendors, as well as independently
• Excellent communication, planning and organizing skills to effectively participate in a team
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited
140 Otter Street Winnipeg, MB R3T 0M8
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.