Pollard Banknote is a leading lottery partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, providing high quality instant ticket products, licensed games, and a full suite of digital offerings ranging from game apps to comprehensive player engagement and iLottery solutions, including strategic marketing and management services. The company is a proven innovator and has decades of experience helping lotteries to maximize player engagement, sales, and proceeds for good causes. Pollard Banknote also plays a major role in providing pull-tab tickets, bingo paper and its Diamond Game and Oasis-branded electronic ticket machines to charitable and other gaming markets in North America. Established in 1907, Pollard Banknote is owned approximately 67.6% by the Pollard family and 32.4% by public shareholders, and is publicly traded on the TSX (PBL). For more information, please visit our website at www.pollardbanknote.com.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, Business Analyst to join our Pollard Information Technology Team. In this role, you will be responsible for interactions with various stakeholders, including subject matter experts, executives, operational users and technical staff to analyze, elicit, and document requirements associated with defined project, system, or business process scope. This includes elicitation and requirements/process capture methods, tools, techniques and templates and the execution of those techniques on various IT and Digital Solutions projects at Pollard Banknote.
This role will provide business analysis services to a multitude of projects related to our Information Technology and Digital Solutions areas from inception to completion. Reporting to the Director Enterprise IT Applications, the role will be a shared service to high priority projects, within IT.
In addition, this position will be responsible for developing a set of templates and processes as it relates to business analysis.
• Drive the interpretation of business objectives and system scope from the stakeholders to the developers; provide input on scope management and resolves issues related to the impact of changes to scope
• Solicit goals and requirements through interviews, workshops, and reviews of existing documentation/procedures
• Recommend improvements to processes or technical solutions to resolve identified gaps or underlying issues
• Review artifacts and final requirements and obtain final endorsement from stakeholders
• Work with architects, developers, stakeholders, and project managers to coordinate resolution of issues related to functionality that does not meet intended requirements
• Negotiate commitments by facilitating communication between developers and stakeholders at various levels of the organization
• Compile metrics and reports on progress of requirements development to project team
• Provide thought leadership on business analysis approaches
• Conduct current state, target state, and gap analysis on business and technical processes. This includes business process re-engineering through techniques such as Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
• Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction and support business process improvement. Integrate new and existing technology into business processes
• Apply excellent understanding of SDLC, including how it relates to the various software development methodologies and processes (e.g., agile, RUP, waterfall, scrum) to deliver functionality. This includes requirements capture in standard business requirements documents (BRD) for functional and non-functional requirements and user stories with detailed acceptance criteria/tasks
• Apply excellent understand of UML 2.0 diagraming including use cases, activity diagrams (with and without swim lanes), and sequence diagrams
• Development of business cases and liaising with various Pollard Banknote stakeholders to assist with business case development
• Review and analysis of change requests submitted with consideration to impact on current processes and interfacing systems
• Provide updates regarding changes to specifications, delivery timelines and workflow
• Assist with training users on new process
• Degree or Diploma specializing in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Business Analysis, or equivalent combination of education and related experience required
• At least 3 years of progressive business systems analysis experience (including business process modeling)
• Proficient computer skills in programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Visio, JIRA, UML 2.0 diagrams, requirements traceability matrices, etc.
• Strong analytical ability
• Possess a strong knowledge of IT concepts and IT project life cycle
• Ability to effectively collaborate in a team environment and to facilitate decisions
• Broadened nature of interaction to consult and make sound recommendations
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships and offer strong customer service
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong meeting facilitation skills
• Agile experience (Scrum) preferred, including experience with User Stories
• Experience in identification of strategic business needs/goals, process enhancement, and data analysis
• CBAP or CCBA designation an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited
140 Otter Street Winnipeg, MB R3T 0M8
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.