Medical Aid - Summer Relief
Summer Term Position from April 29, 2019 - August 30, 2019
The Medical Aid Assessor is responsible for reviewing and processing claim related invoices and expenses as well as making recommendations regarding the approval or rejection of invoices and expenses relating to WCB claims in accordance with fee schedules and WCB Policy.
- Receives, processes and authorizes payment of expenses and invoices from injured workers, external service providers, vendors and internal service providers in accordance with fee guidelines and WCB policies and procedures.
- Verifies submitted expenses related to the compensable injury through review of the claim file or through consultation with Case Management or Adjudicative staff and calculates the reimbursement.
- Communicates with external and internal customers either verbally or in writing to provide or obtain information and clarification of decisions and WCB policies, procedures and practices relating to medical aid and payment authorization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Six (6) months experience in a similar customer service environment
- 7,000 numeric keystrokes per hour (5% or less error rating)
- Ability to use a personal computer in a Windows environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize, prioritize and maintain workload
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience related to processing and paying expenses in accordance with fee schedules and policies would be an asset
- General knowledge of medical terminology and medical conditions would be an asset
- Client Service Orientation
- Quality Orientation
- Interpersonal Communication
Planning, Organizing & Follow Up
Regular employees who are willing to forego summer vacation will be eligible. The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 4:30. CWW participants may not be able to retain their EDO when they return to their home position. Qualifications have been reduced for the summer period only. Existing eligibility lists will not be used to staff these positions.
You may be asked to demonstrate your ability through competency based interviewing and/or testing.
Screening decisions are based on information outlined in your resumé and cover letter. Your work performance must be satisfactory for your application to be considered. If applying for or out of a term position, please note that article 10.09d of the Collective Agreement may apply.
*This summer student position is only open to students who will be returning to post-secondary education in the fall. Any applicant who does not meet this criteria will not be considered.
Ability to communicate proficiently in both official languages (English & French) is an asset.
A satisfactory criminal record check and verification of education will be required for the successful candidate.
The WCB is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce with equitable representation of Indigenous persons, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTTSQ+ persons and members of other equity-seeking groups. Applicants are encouraged to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are a member of these groups.
The Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Workers Compensation Board promotes safety and health in Manitoba workplaces and aims to help prevent and reduce the occurrence of workplace injuries and disease. Working with its partners, the WCB promotes safe and healthy workplaces, facilitates recovery and return to work, provides compassionate and supportive compensation services for workers and employers, and ensures responsible financial stewardship.
WCBdoes encompasses what it means to work at the WCB. The WCB is proud to have employee benefits and programs that support financial and personal security, foster health and well-being, encourage involvement and support growth as an individual and member of the WCB community. The four categories of WCBdoes include: Security, Wellness, Engagement and Growth.