ICTAM is looking for a marketing and communications coordinator with significant writing chops. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of exciting creative projects designed to promote Manitoba’s technology sector.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks that require versatile and strong writing skills including copywriting, social media posts, features, scripts for speeches and funding proposals. In addition, knowledge and experience in contributing to campaigns and crafting messages that resonate with a specific audience. In addition to writing, the incumbent is expected to have excellent oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to conduct presentations. Also, this role provides membership support, both communicating directly to members as well as some administrative tasks.
• Develop and deliver monthly newsletter – determine editorial line-up, write features, edit content, photo editing, etc.
• Management, content development and copywriting for social media, event postings and other collateral materials as required
• Research and write for publications, speeches, presentations and other assignments as required
• Work with CMO to develop promotional campaigns for events, programs and projects.
• Provide friendly, professional communication to members on a consistent basis
• Oversee all member on-boarding, renewals and member database updates
• Ensure every member feels like a valued part of the tech association
Minimum Experience 2 - 3 years experience
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong Social media skills including familiarity with graphics tools and analytics
• Experience developing and implementing promotional campaigns (using integrated media)
• Superb organizational skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task to deadline
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office is required, knowledge and skill using Adobe suite is preferred
• Familiarity with CRM systems is considered an asset (we use MemberZone)
• Knowledge of Manitoba's tech industry is an asset
Position closes on Monday, February 4th at noon.
ICTAM, the Information Communication and Technologies Association of Manitoba, is a non-profit, member-based organization working to grow Manitoba’s thriving tech community. To learn more, please visit www.ictam.ca