Locations: Flexible within the Province of Manitoba
Competition Number: 2019-09
Conditions of employment:
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
• Must possess a valid driver’s licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba.
Are you a web developer driven to continuously improve your craft, while creating quality web applications in a modern architecture? Come join our development team as we create innovative solutions to support MASC's digital transformation.
Reporting to the Lead Developer, you will be creating .NET web applications, APIs and integrations with other applications, while following a mobile-first design and deploying to Microsoft Azure. You will work closely with a team of developers, designers, and quality assurance using Agile and DevOps development practices. Your focus will be the timely delivery of quality software that meets the requirements of the product owner. You will maintain an exceptional understanding of modern development practices and technologies through ongoing training opportunities while contributing extensively to MASC's evolving development practices. You will have the opportunity to work out of one of MASC's 26 offices or from home within Manitoba.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of a team focused on delivering quality, modern business solutions, please send us your resume, including a cover letter, telling us how you meet the qualifications.
• Post-secondary education in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Experience developing with C# or a comparable language.
• Experience developing web applications (HTML/CSS/JS).
• Experience creating automated unit tests.
• Experience querying and developing against a relational database.
• Experience analyzing, problem-solving, and making decisions.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills with experience managing multiple projects and adapting to changing work demands.
• Excellent oral communication skills.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and work with all levels of staff and stakeholders.
• Strong collaborative skills with the ability to express your ideas to a group to facilitate team consensus.
• Experience with ASP.NET MVC 5.
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools.
• Experience working on an Agile team.
• Experience creating automated UI and integration tests.
• Experience supporting software.
• Knowledge of UML or BPMN modeling techniques.
• SQL Server experience.
• Cloud development experience, particularly in Microsoft Azure.
• Experience developing and consuming RESTful web services.
• Experience integrating with third-party software.
• Knowledge of agriculture, insurance or lending practices.
*An eligibility list may be created to fill similar regular, term, part-time and/or casual positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
This position has an attractive benefits package and salary range of $60,824 to $78,716 per annum. Interested candidates are requested to send their résumé and cover letter, marked “Confidential”, no later than Thursday, February 21, 2019 to:
Manitoba Agricultural Services Corporation
Unit 100-1525 First Street S.
Brandon, Manitoba R7A 7A1
We believe diversity strengthens our ability to provide excellent customer service in a positive work environment. We encourage all to apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.