Dairy Farmers of Manitoba (DFM) is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to join its team. With an excellent employee retention rate, DFM has a strong reputation within the agriculture and dairy industry. As an employer, DFM believes in the overall health and wellness of its employees. It offers professional and personal development with the ability to work autonomously and have a direct impact on the dairy industry as a whole.
The Senior Database Administrator will be responsible for implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of a business-critical application (.NET, MS SQL Azure), to ensure the availability and consistent performance of the dairy industry applications. The successful applicant will also have software development experience (.NET), and will provide helpdesk support as needed.
- Manage and optimize SQL Azure Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical productions systems.
- Develop and test new functions and features, reports, bug fixes, and enhancements (.NET, HTML5/CSS, JS).
- Maintain the integrity of the organization’s information systems.
- Review operational and administrative procedures pertaining to the department to optimize effectiveness; implement improvements as necessary.
- Develop a complete and comprehensive knowledge of all functions of information management and analysis.
- Assist in the planning of annual IT budget in conjunction with IT Manager.
- Develop and implement procedures for tracking results for measuring program effectiveness.
- Prepare SQL project reports and monthly reports.
- Build and maintain a positive reputation for the organization through the provision of excellent customer service.
- Provide timely/consistent helpdesk support to end users on a variety of issues via phone, email or trouble ticket regarding any reporting or database issues as needed.
- Assist with other duties as part of a team effort to achieve overall organizational goals.
You and Your Experience:
- Bachelor of Computer Science / College Degree (Computer Science / Management Information Systems).
- Minimum 5+ years MS Azure SQL Server Administration experience required.
- Minimum 4+ years developing high quality web applications.
- Familiar with relational database concepts and software development lifecycles.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Experience with Report Writing in SSRS or related BI Experience with MS SQL Azure database.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Maintaining Business Critical Support Systems.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory.
- Experience in desktop setup/support as well as other custom applications and integrated office technology.
Please note that only resumes that include a cover letter will be considered.
What the company has to offer:
- Group benefits and life insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- New, modern office
- Positive work environment
- Free parking
About Dairy Farmers of Manitoba:
Established in 1974, Dairy Farmers of Manitoba is a not-for-profit agriculture organization. DFM is committed to producing milk according to the highest standards of quality – and is totally financed by and represents all dairy farmers in the province. The organization values respect and integrity for all of its stakeholders, quality milk and services, being dynamic and innovative, and delivering excellence in everything they do.
To submit your candidacy:
For more information about this career opportunity please call Billy Stewart at 204.938.4048.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted.