Maintenance Worker - One (1) Year TERM - Job ID J0119-1430
Organization: WCB Manitoba
Job Title: Maintenance Worker - One (1) Year TERM
Job Type: Term, Full-time
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Maintenance Worker - One (1) Year TERM
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for the daily maintenance of the buildings and grounds at all WCB locations, both owned and leased as well as for routine maintenance and minor repairs to electrical/mechanical systems.
- Performs daily maintenance functions including inspection of boiler, electrical and mechanical fan rooms, changing burnt-out lights, completing carpentry and locksmith tasks and maintaining heating, air conditioning, electrical, security and plumbing systems.
- Performs chemical and water tests on the boilers and changes all air filters on a scheduled basis.
- Completes room set-up for meetings and moves/installs/dismantles internal office furniture and workstations.
- Maintains the external appearance of WCB office buildings as well as the recycling program and cleans areas not covered in janitorial contract such as boiler and machine rooms.
- Assists with taking inventory and delivering heavy materials/supplies.
- Orders janitorial supplies.
- Stands in or helps out with security as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade twelve plus a one-year Class V Power Engineering Certificate.
- Minimum of one year related field experience as a maintenance worker.
- Demonstrated experience with HVAC systems, carpentry, electrical, plumbing and painting is required as well as the ability to operate meters and install computer network cabling.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computers including building control systems.
- Ability to lift/carry heavy objects weighing 50-100 lbs on regular basis as well as perform walking, climbing and reaching activities.
- Valid driver’s license and possession of own vehicle to travel between locations, make deliveries, pick up supplies, etc.
- Essential Competencies:
- Analysis/Problem Assessment
- Client Service Orientation
- Professional/Technical Knowledge
As part of the assessment you will be required to demonstrate your ability to work in a physically demanding environment, which includes the ability to lift 50-100 lbs.
Ability to communicate proficiently in both official languages (English & French) is an asset.
A satisfactory criminal record check and verification of education will be required for the successful candidate.
The Workers Compensation Board promotes safety and health in Manitoba workplaces and aims to help prevent and reduce the occurrence of workplace injuries and disease. Working with its partners, the WCB promotes safe and healthy workplaces, facilitates recovery and return to work, provides compassionate and supportive compensation services for workers and employers, and ensures responsible financial stewardship.
WCBdoes encompasses what it means to work at the WCB. The WCB is proud to have employee benefits and programs that support financial and personal security, foster health and well-being, encourage involvement and support growth as an individual and member of the WCB community. The four categories of WCBdoes include: Security, Wellness, Engagement and Growth.
To apply click on the link below: