Many Senior Business Analysts and Enterprise Architects are striving to change how the business operates in order to deliver better customer value and achieve better operational outcomes. Many are focused on defining improved digital capability and on enabling greater flexibility based on emerging customer journeys.
WHEN: October 29 - 31, 2018
WHERE: Capstone Ridge Group | 402-321 McDermot Avenue | Winnipeg, MB, R3A 0A3
REGISTRATION: Click here to register.
We believe that Business Architecture is essential to this process. It must start by first addressing the performance of end to end business operations for customers and other stakeholders before it attempts to establish new capabilities. Transformation initiatives need the content of the Business Architecture to select, scope, and execute business change projects. Stakeholder analysis and performance metrics as well as cultural assessment results will drive business analysis using models derived from the architecture. Analysis of measurement data traceable to the top of the business performance scorecard will help to find symptoms and causes of poor performance critical to realizing the business intent. Aligned implementation and change management plans can now be established and a cultural change program launched to ensure the business changes will stick.
For Business Analysts and Architects this business-first approach provides incredible opportunity to become trusted change agents in their enterprises making a strategic difference. It requires them to learn new competencies and influencing skills. This session will help enable these agents of change by providing a repeatable methodology and common structural framework to tackle enterprise analysis and design as well as business process management and capability renewal. It will bring the business view to enterprise architecture. Real life illustrations will be provided that show how it works. In working sessions, it will give delegates the practice in key methods and techniques to develop the right Business Architecture deliverables.
This highly participative workshop will delve into all aspects of Business Architecture, Business Processes and Business Capabilities as well as other key architectural concepts. Attendees will earn 32 Professional Development (PDs) or Continuing Development Units (CDU’s) for attending the entire certificate program.
Roger Burlton, P.Eng., CMCPresident and Managing Partner
Roger is a respected pioneer in the introduction of innovative approaches for Business Management. He is a world leader in the field of Business Process Management, having authored one of the most read and followed books on the topic early in BPM’s growth. Roger’s leadership is also witnessed by his position as chair of several of the most influential conferences each year on BPM and Business Architecture and by his role as chair of the BPTrends.com Advisory Board. The insights he brings to PRG’s consulting clients are thoughtful and pragmatic.
- Understand what a useful Business Architecture looks like
- Be able to apply enterprise-wide architecture models and techniques that are traceable
- Learn how to sell the Business Architecture value proposition and gain cross-organization acceptance
- Be able to develop a measurable architecture for planning, budgeting, organization design, compliance, human change management, and the introduction of breakthrough technologies
- Be able to use the architecture to accelerate process and capability change projects
- Discover how to address cultural barriers during architecture, business design and implementation
Special Features of this Class
- This is a pragmatic class – not a theory based one
- Learn how value streams, business processes, business capabilities and strategy are connected
- How to select and apply the proper tools and techniques to model, analyze, manage, measure and improve processes
- Get a set of capabilities that are truly traceable to strategic intent and aligned with business processes
- Be able to sell the concepts upward and reduce internal resistance to change
- Learn a method that scales for both small and large organizations
- Work with Roger Burlton; the most experienced pragmatist in this field
- Why Business Architecture?
- Business Architecture and Related Disciplines
- Business Architecture Methodology
- Value Chain Identification and Architecture Scoping
- External Environment Assessment and External Stakeholder Analysis
- Business Strategy Development
- Business Semantics: The Basis for Information Models
- Business Process Architecture (an end-to-end view)
- Business Capabilities
- Alignment to Decisions, Knowledge, Policies and Rules
- Alignment of Business Architecture with IT Architecture and Enablement
- Alignment with Human Capabilities and Enablement
- Business Portfolio Management
- Leveraging the Architecture into a Business Change Portfolio
- Sustaining the Architecture through Governance
This class will be of benefit to professionals and managers of all types involved with planning and designing organizational change and building business capability to adapt and innovate continuously.
- Business Operations Managers
- Business Architects
- Business Process Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Process Improvement Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Strategic Planners
- IT Architects
- HR Executives
- IT Executives
- Anyone else concerned with designing Business Change programs